Find food that fits your pet’s needs
Find a dog food that fits your pet’s needs
Find a cat food that fits your pet’s needs
Just like people, dogs can experience occasional stomach upset. If your dog exhibits any of the following, especially after eating, he may have a sensitive stomach.
In a healthy dog, occasional stomach upset isn't cause for worry. Persistent or severe stomach upset can indicate a more serious condition. Please see your vet with questions about your own dog's health.
What can you?
If you think your dog has a sensitive stomach, there are steps you can take to help keep your dog's insides running smoothly - and quietly.
- Be watchful. Try to make sure your dog doesn't eat garbage, spoiled food or anything questionable.
- Avoid giving your dog table scraps or human food.
- Slow down mealtimes. Dogs that eat fast also ingest a lot of air. Divide big meals into smaller portions, fed throughout the day.
- Be consistent. Any change in nutrition can irritate a dog's system. If you switch your dog's food, do so slowly: gradually mix greater and greater proportions of the new food with the old.
- Feed your dog a nutritious, high quality food. Dogs cannot readily digest food made with low quality ingredients.
A healthy, smart choice is Science Diet® Sensitive Stomach & Skin Adult dog food, specially formulated
for adult dogs with sensitive stomachs.
Sensitive Stomach & Skin Adult:
- Mild formula is easy for sensitive stomachs to digest
- High quality proteins and other essential amino acids for digestive health
- Soluble and insoluble fiber to nourish the digestive tract and maintain
overall intestinal health
- Tastes great! Click here to learn more.