Hill's Australian Bushfire Efforts
We are deeply saddened by the continued struggle of all Australians, animals and humans alike, in the face of the current bushfire crisis. As part of relief efforts, we have been collaborating with organisations who work with emergency services and relief agencies on the ground to help distribute pet food for displaced and injured animals. We are also working alongside several animal welfare organisations in bushfire affected areas to provide support to fire-damaged communities.
Our hearts go out to the people and animals affected by the devastating bushfires, and we encourage everyone with the means to contact their local accredited charities to lend a hand or a dollar where possible.
How Can I Help?
There are many charitable organisations you can help but the following are examples of organisations you can consider making donations to.
- RSPCA Australia
- Wildlife Victoria
- Animal Welfare League NSW
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- CFA Victoria
- South Australian Country Fire Service
- Red Cross Australia
- SAVEM - South Australian Veterinary Emergency Management
- Vets for Compassion
- Zoos Victoria
How is Hill's Helping?
A number of Hills veterinarians and nurses who have registered with organisations who coordinate the national disaster volunteer programs,such as Vets Beyond Borders, are providing ongoing assistance helping with care of injured & displaced wildlife.
Donations & Food Support
- Food donations to RSPCA, AWL, SCAR and Kangaroo Island
- Ongoing food support for retail partners helping communities in need, such as Petstock regional stores, Best Friends, Petbarn/Greencross, Provet and World Vets
- Committed to providing financial donations to a range of support groups
- Colgate-Palmolive and Hill’s are matching employee donations to the Red Cross
Our Territory Managers and Hill’s Veterinarians are contacting affected customers to assess needs and offer support, including food, veterinary services and more.