Kidneys are important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dogs kidney health. In fact, k/d™ is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Effective levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How it helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
INGREDIENTS: Water, Pork Liver, Corn Starch, Chicken, Chicken Fat, Dextrose, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Fish Oil, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Magnesium Oxide, L-Threonine, Taurine, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
|Weight of Dog - lb (kg)||Amount per Day|
|5 lb (2.3 kg)||1/2 Can|
|10 lb (4.5 kg)||3/4 Can|
|15 lb (6.8 kg)||1 Cans|
|20 lb (9.1 kg)||1 1/3 Cans|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 Cans|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/3 Cans|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 3/4 Cans|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/4 Cans|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 1/2 Cans|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 Cans|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 2/3 Cans|
|120 lb (54 kg)||5 1/3 Cans|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM dry food and wet food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition : Offer different varieties of flavours & textures from Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM such as Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM stews or Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM dry food.
422 kcal / 13 oz (370 g) can
|Carbohydrate / NFE||48.7|
|Vitamin C||103 ppm|
|Vitamin E||934 IU/kg|
|Total Omega-3 FA||2.59|
|Total Omega-6 FA||4.09|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.