Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine
Kidneys remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Enhanced Appetite Trigger (E.A.T.)TM Technology for dogs
- High level of essential amino acids - the building blocks of muscle protein
- Effective levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
How It Helps:
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Enhances appetite & increases food intake
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food and wet food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day (cups/grams) 5 lb (2.3 kg) 1/2 cup (50 g) 10 lb (4.5 kg) 7/8 cup (85 g) 15 lb (6.8 kg) 1 1/8 cups (110 g) 20 lb (9.1 kg) 1 1/2 cups (150 g) 30 lb (14 kg) 2 cups (200 g) 40 lb (18 kg) 2 1/2 cups (250 g) 50 lb (23 kg) 3 cups (295 g) 60 lb (27 kg) 3 1/3 cups (330 g) 70 lb (32 kg) 3 3/4 cups (370 g) 80 lb (36 kg) 4 cups (395 g) 100 lb (45 kg) 4 3/4 cups (470 g) 120 lb (54 kg) 5 1/2 cups (545 g)
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Pork Fat, Cracked Pearled Barley, Chicken, Egg Product, Dried Beet Pulp, Whole Grain Sorghum, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Lactic Acid, L-Lysine, Pork Liver Flavor, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), L-Threonine, Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, Taurine, Magnesium Oxide, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
4050 kcal/kg (402 kcal/cup†)
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 15.5 Fat 23.0 Crude Fiber 1.7 Carbohydrate / NFE 54.5 Calcium 0.86 Phosphorous 0.33 Sodium 0.19 Potassium 0.84 Magnesium 0.144 Vitamin C 126 ppm Vitamin E 730 IU/kg Total Omega-3 FA 0.95
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
†An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine contains 3.5 oz. by weight.