Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine with Lamb
Kidneys are important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your dogs kidney health. In fact, k/d™ is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee We're confident your pet will enjoy Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM foods. We're so confident that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee.*
* 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - if you are unsatisfied for any reason, return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement.
How It Helps:
- Protects vital kidney & heart function
- Boosts vitality & energy
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
How It Works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- High level of essential amino acids - The building blocks of muscle protein
- Effective levels of L-Carnitine and Omega-3 fatty acids
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pets new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Hill'sTM Prescription DietTM dry food and wet food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pets condition.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalization. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition : Offer different varieties of flavours & textures from Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM such as Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM stews or Hill’sTM Prescription DietTM k/dTM dry food.
Adult maintenance - using 13 oz (370 g) can
Weight of Dog - lb (kg) Amount per Day 5 lb (2.3 kg) 1/2 can 10 lb (4.5 kg) 3/4 can 15 lb (6.8 kg) 1 cans 20 lb (9.1 kg) 1 1/3 cans 30 lb (14 kg) 2 cans 40 lb (18 kg) 2 1/3 cans 50 lb (23 kg) 2 3/4 cans 60 lb (27 kg) 3 1/4 cans 70 lb (32 kg) 3 1/2 cans 80 lb (36 kg) 4 cans 100 lb (45 kg) 4 2/3 cans 120 lb (54 kg) 5 1/3 cans
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Canine with Lamb provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Pork Liver, Corn Starch, Lamb, Chicken Fat, Dextrose, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor, Turkey, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, L-Lysine, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate), vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, L-Threonine, Taurine, Egg Whites, L-Carnitine, L-Tryptophan, Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
421 kcal / 13 oz (370 g) can
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 16.2 Fat 26.3 Crude Fiber 3.9 Carbohydrate / NFE 47.7 Calcium 0.82 Phosphorous 0.28 Sodium 0.20 Potassium 0.91 Magnesium 0.152 Vitamin C 104 ppm Vitamin E 945 IU/kg Total Omega-3 FA 2.29
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.